Tuesday, May 01, 2012

I have been tagged by a blogolicious mother of two...

I was recently "tagged" by a fellow blogger mom - Read her stuff here Jaimalaya. She is definitely one of the funniest blogger moms that I read right now, she is from Meade Co.- Enough said. She is a "lovable dork with big boobs".

1. Book or movie and why?

Pre mommyhood, I would definitely say that I was a book person. My mother is an avid reader and passed this on to me. I will admit however, that I have a large collection of unread books. I also have a tendancy to read 3/4 of a book, decide that I love it, get very busy and not finish it. This is the case 70% of the time with the non-fictions that I pick up. Now that I make less time for books, I see lots of movies at home. Although, in the case Twilight and The Help, I made sure to read the books pre-movie. Having said that, no way I am probably going to get through The Hunger Games - just not motivated.

2. Real book or e-book?

Both - I read every Twilight book and many other great books on my Iphone. I have a good collection on my Kindle / iPad and a solid library of actual books at home. If I read an ebook that I fell in love with, I would most likely purchase a hardback copy to treasure. I love paper. I can't imagine not sharing my love of real books with my kids. Reading The Cat in the Hat is not the same on a screen ....

3. Funniest thing you’ve done in the last 5 years?

Gosh, I am funny every single day of the week people....
I will say, I got lots and lots of great feedback from sharing a photo of my 18 month old child strapped to my body in an infant carrier.



4. Do you put yourself into the books you read/write or the movies you watch?

Absolutely! Who else would I write about?
I never put myself in books or movies I read / watch. I like to escape myself, that is the whole point.

5. How would your best friend describe you?

Funny, with a touch of bitchy.

6. Favorite kind of car and why?

I really would love to have a small SUV that has four wheel drive and some space for two children and my dogs - Yes, I am pregnant with my second child. Consider this my official media announcment.

7. Would your choice of party be a catered meal or barbecue out back?

Backyard barbecue on paper products.  Catering usually means some sort of rubber chicken.

8. What’s your favorite season and why?

Autumn. There is something very beautiful about the falling leaves. Maybe the calm before the storm? I feel more creative in every way in the fall. I do more fun things with my family and of course there is my favorite holiday, Halloween.

9. What specific lesson have you learned – Spiritual, educational, occupational?

I think the most transferrable lesson I have learned in my short life is that you can't reason with crazy people. Once I quite trying to control or make sense of the crazies in my life, things became quite clear for me. Sometimes this means letting go of friends and family. That has been the hardest part.

10. Besides writing, what’s your favorite thing to do when you get some extra time?

Watch tv on Bravo. I am quite lazy when left to my own devices.

11. What’s one place you can be found at least one time every week?

McDonalds. I am pro-McDonalds. Its a consistent, cheap place to eat and you rarely hear of food poisoning coming out of one of those joints. It is the breakfast of champions here in Vincennes, Indiana. That is how sad this place is......



TAG YOU"RE IT!


The Flannery Files

Park Promulgation

Homemade by Jill


2 comments:

Jaime said...

'You rarely hear of food poisoning'!!

Ha! That made me giggle! A swinging endorsement!

(I also am pro McDonalds, but in a secretive, I still feel guilty about it kind of way.)

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

My solemn duty, dear, is to serve and honor you…

I looove to giveth unto thee ideas,
thots you never thot of:
the picturesque protagonist, par excellence,
the non-perishables, the luxurious ditzy-glitz:
the generous, undiluted expansion of d’bizarre;
the epic endoorphins - an open door to an
onomatopoeia Vernacular;
the high-flying, barnstorming,
toxic firewurKS from yeee-haw KS
taking you in a completely new direction
than where you originally planned!!
O! the mind doth boggle, girly-whirly!!

Why else does a moth fly FROM the night
than to a bold, attractive candle Light??
Don’t let His extravagant Brilliance be extinguished.
You’re creative, yes?
Then, fly-away with U.S. to the antidote…

Whether you obtain morality4mortality to wiseabove
or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2?
An extraordinarily, anti-establishment-victory
With both sardonic, satirical wit Who’s savvy
and avant-guarde-humility??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most-excellent-detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll VitSee with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a super-passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big-Zaftig-House.

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-our Lord Jesus to Saint Gertrude