Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Nature Table Part 1

Tonight we started on the Nature Table project. It was interesting....

I took Tajaroo on a little expedition in the flower bed to "explore". He was interested in the flowers and I assisted him in picking a two zinnias from my bed. He watched as a I pulled weeds and he attempted to imitate by pulling up grass. The big problem is..... he will not move in the grass. It is as if he has stepped into concrete. He just won't do it. I have to practically force him to even enter the lawn. He has no issues coasting on sidewalks, tromping around in the dirt, and hitting a fevered pace in the driveway but my boy is no fan of grass .. for now. We noticed an abandoned bird's nest which my husband made me promise not to touch... ITS DIRTY - he screamed from the lawnmower. So for now - our nature table consists of :

1. A small birdhouse (a potential hiding place for the gnomes).
2. Two cut zinnias.
3. My Aunt Juanita's box - adorn with a beautiful rose on top. - it keeps things safe.
4. A bird / gnome gazebo.
5. Two tiny chalkboards - adorn with flora and the sun.
6. A scrap of cotton fabric with lots of posies.
7. Two peg people -soon to be gnomes.

Enjoy!

No comments: